Monotose is a Yume Nikki fangame made by Eternal (Tumblr/deviantART) in RPG Maker XP. At this point, it is pretty short. The current version is a beta that is planned to be remade in another engine - RPG Maker VX Ace.
You play as a boy named Lex, who is a shut-in. You get to explore his dreams.
Some helpful points to mention:
- Save at the white beanbag chair in the bedroom. This doesn’t really serve much purpose because you cannot wake up yet.
- Interact with the bed to go to sleep and enter the dream world.
- Don’t go into the completely white door in the Nexus, nothing is there. Literally. Just some blood that may or may not be a reference.
- Basically the whole game happens in the White Corpse World.
- There’s one effect.
- There’s a sort of screamer, but the creator thinks it’s kinda obvious where it happens.
[Edited from Dream Diary Gallery.]
So far Monotose has only one implemented effect. (The size of the effect sprite is smaller than the regular sprite.)
|Eyeball||Lex has a pair of large, red-irised eyeballs growing from the sizes of his head.|